Success By 6 strengthens community through engaging citizens in building child and family friendly communities and funding programs.
In 21 regions, that cover every corner of BC, Success By 6 has supported the development of over 112 community Early Years Councils and Aboriginal Early Years Councils. These councils bring together local stakeholders from multiple sectors to plan and improve service delivery for young children and their families.
Success By 6 allocates funding to all regions of BC through three funding streams:
- Community Capacity Building
- Aboriginal Engagement
- Strategic Implementation
Using research each community council develops a strategic plan and identifies priority areas of focus to work on collaboratively. In addition to approving funds for local Early Years programs and projects, the local councils carry out a wide range of activities. Each community is unique and so are the activities and priorities they work on.
Some examples of collaborative activities include:
- supporting service integration,
- identifying barriers and gaps in Early Years service development,
- developing public awareness campaigns,
- holding local health fairs,
- developing Aboriginal language and culture resources,
- gathering local research,
- creating a resource directory of early years services,
- planning Aboriginal cultural events,
- developing new playgrounds or community early years service hubs.
For more information on "What We Do" review our Annual Reports section.