First Steps and Beyond
These booklets are filled with helpful information for new parents including:
- stages of development from birth to six years,
- activities for encouraging development at all stages,
- recognizing when to seek help if you have questions about your child’s development,
- early dental, hearing and vision care,
- nutrition and food, safety, taking care of yourself,
- a simple kindergarten checklist and preparing your child for kindergarten.
Over 100,000 copies of the booklet were printed and distributed throughout BC through Credit Unions, Success By 6 coordinators, public health nurses and early childhood professionals.
First Nations Health Authority Early Years Resources
Through a partnership with the First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), Success By 6 was granted permission to reprint copies of four Aboriginal childhood health and wellness resources the FNHA had developed. These included:
Over 80,000 copies of these booklets were printed and distributed throughout BC through Credit Unions, Success By 6 coordinators and Aboriginal coordinators, Aboriginal communities and organizations, public health nurses and early childhood professionals.