ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF LOCAL TERRITORY: Success By 6 Provincial Office is located in the shared territory of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-waututh Nations.
Success By 6 believes in the importance of building long-term relationships with First Nations communities, Metis organizations and urban Aboriginal agencies in BC. Recognizing the unique and diverse Aboriginal community cultures and populations in BC, Success By 6 works to establish authentic connections, relationships and partnerships to support and enhance the lives of Aboriginal children and families in BC.
In response to Regional Coordinators, and Aboriginal communities in BC, Success By 6 embarked on Aboriginal Engagement to determine and ensure the relevancy of Success By 6 to First Nations communities, Metis organizations and urban Aboriginal agencies in BC.
- 2003-2004 Success By 6 regions and initiatives established in BC.
- 2004 - 2005 Regional Dialogue sessions occur.
- 2005 - 2006 Provincial Aboriginal Coordinator established.
- 2006 - 2007 Aboriginal Engagement Strategy and Aboriginal funding stream begin.
- 2008-2009 ECDPP reconfirmed Aboriginal Engagement as a high priority.
- 2009 First Aboriginal partner joins the ECDPP provincial partnership.
- 2010 Aboriginal Provincial Manager position established in Provincial Office.
"Success By 6 shares the same value we have as First Nations people, that it is everyone's responsibility to raise a child" Elder, 2005 Regional Dialogue