Early Years Booklet - First Steps and Beyond
Each year for the past 7 years the Credit Unions of BC have donated 25 cents per member per year to Success By 6. These funds are directed towards projects that help build awareness of the importance of the early years.
This year we developed a new resource for parents. The First Steps and Beyond booklets are filled with helpful information for new parents including:
- stages of development from birth to six years,
- activities for encouraging development at all stages,
- recognizing when to seek help if you have questions about your child’s development,
- early dental, hearing and vision care,
- nutrition and food, safety, taking care of yourself,
- a simple kindergarten checklist and preparing your child for kindergarten.
Over 100,000 copies of the booklet were printed and distributed throughout BC through Credit Unions, Success By 6 coordinators, public health nurses and early childhood professionals.
First Nations Health Authority Early Years Resources
In recognition of the traditional, cultural parenting practices of our Aboriginal communities and families, Credit Union funding allowed us to print Aboriginal childhood health and wellness resources. Through a partnership with the First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), Success By 6 was granted permission to reprint copies of four Aboriginal childhood health and wellness resources the FNHA had developed. These included:
Over 80,000 copies of these booklets were printed and distributed throughout BC through Credit Unions, Success By 6 coordinators and Aboriginal coordinators, Aboriginal communities and organizations, public health nurses and early childhood professionals.